Oct 31, 2004

Redskins lose! (Go Kerry!)

Well, the game is about over, and it was a bittersweet loss for the Skins. I had some trouble rooting against them for the first time, but I knew we had a big test of history before us. (If you are lost, see previous post re: Redskins & Presidential elections --10.15.04)

If the Redskins are going to continue to be a predictor of the Presidential election (as they have been since 1936), it looks like Kerry may be able to squeeze out a victory on Tuesday. And if the actual game is any prediction of how the day will go, it looks like Kerry may take a commanding lead early on, Bush will pull up right behind him... then, as Bush looks poised to take the lead as polls close, he will be denied (by a penalty? maybe) and Kerry will bring home the win. This is a bit scary how I've pinned my election hopes on what just happened in a football game. My heart was pounding as the Redskins had the TD called back by a penalty with a little over 2 minutes left in the game. I was like, YES!! NO!! Wait, YES!.. I think! In any case, it was win-win game for me all around. Sorry Skins, but unlike Kerry, you always have next week!

This is my last pitch-- Get your booty out and VOTE on Tuesday!
Read this interesting article from Washington Post Magazine about the typical nonvoter.

Have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails