Oct 20, 2004

Game 7, baby!!

WOW! What an amazing game. My throat is a little sore from all the screaming I did at the end. It was nice watching with Huan's friend, Adrienne, who is a diehard Sox fan and had her little voodoo doll in hand and every single Sox stat you could think of on hand. We all had a nice jump up and down session after the last pitch was thrown. Talk about some tense moments!! We might get together again tomorrow night at the same time, same place, in the same clothes and eat the same dinner. Might be a good idea.

I was about to lose my shit both times the umps had to convene to discuss the calls in question. The home run question flashed us all back to little Jeffrey Maier of Yankee-fan fame and how he (literally) robbed every Orioles fan's dreams back in 1996. Luckily, the umps got it right both times tonight. They probably would not have heard the end of it if they'd screwed those up. A-Rod is a big cheater and a sissy for his little schoolgirl swat at the ball. And the FOX commentators might be even worse for practically patting him on the back for "trying." Yeah, that's good for the game.

How unbelievable, though!! After hearing over and over the damn stat about how no team in history has ever forced a game 7 after being down 3-0 in the series... here we are, witnesses to new sports history. I love when that happens! Now, the Sox just have to go on to the Series. After all that drama, I just feel like it's in it for them. Seriously. Right?

Thom Yorke sums this one up best (I was coincidentally listening to this song tonight on my drive home):
"I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll this time.. I feel my luck could change..."
(see current music)

It's time for the Sox! Can't wait for tomorrow night.


Current Music: Lucky, by Radiohead
Current Mood: Ecstatic!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails