Oct 24, 2004

A few bullet points

-Um, did anyone catch Ashlee Simpson on SNL last night? Talk about a career buster (though probably not really), although I guess it's no surprise that a lot of the pop artists today lip sync. But if you're gonna do that, at least have some excuse, like "I can't catch my breath when I'm dancing," à la Britney & Madonna. Ashlee Simpson just stands there kicking her feet and swinging the mic.

For those of you who missed it, they cued Ashlee Simpson, who was apparently supposed to perform "Autobiography," but her tape track started playing her vocal track of "Pieces of Me" while she stood there, caught completely off guard, with her mic down at her waist and nothing coming out of her mouth. She started doing this little dance since she had no idea what else to do, and her band kept playing along with the song, and then she bolted off stage, probably into the arms of her crazy manager-father who has surely fired someone by now. Anyway, it was totally awkward and embarassing-- like Milli Vanilli all over again ("Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's, Girl you know it's...").

Lucky you! Here's a link so you can see it for yourself.

Oh, the best was when they came back and Jude Law says "Oh well, that's live TV" or something, then Ashlee goes into her little cutesy act, "Sorry, my band totally started playing the wrong song!!" Um, yeah. That sucks, but it was really funny.

-Kam and I had our first Vietnamese midterms yesterday. After freaking out and cramming the night before and getting all nervous (me, not Kam), we both finished in about 15 minutes. I think I forgot my peers in that class are about 7-8 years old.. I still haven't lost that competitive college spirit, I guess! Afterwards we had a picnic, where I stuffed my face with pizza and roamed around the playground taking pictures of our favorite cute little kids. There were some adorable mixed tots there, but I didn't want to be taking pics of complete strangers, especially children... that's always the challenge, isn't it?

-Huan made some delicious chili last night, working off a Glasser family recipe, adding his own tweaks here and there. It was great! I'm eating another bowl right now. I think I could eat chili every day. Is that weird? I love it, especially in this season.

-Kam, Auddie, and I went to PetSmart (or is it PetsMart? I never know what to do about the small "s") after VN school yesterday to pick up a birthday goodie for Billie, and it turned out to be Cocker Spaniel & Great Dane adoption day. There were the cutest dogs there, and I'm not even one of those animal types. I usually think they're cute and fun and all, but I usually stop there. Yesterday I thought, even if it was only for a second, that I could take one of these pups home.

-Oyster crackers are good.


Current Music: La Cienega Just Smiled, by Ryan Adams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the link changed.....

the video clip is here now:
http://contemporaryinsanity.org/video/

~Maggie

Anonymous said...

hi! oyster crackers ARE great! you are so right. mom and i are going to bake banana bread tonight!!!! derricious. and, someone should really tell ashlee simpson that her hair looks like poo like that. and yea, that was embarrassing on SNL, huh? secondly, that VN midterm was "de qua!" but don't put me in second grade! shut up XTINA! I HATE YOU! i want a puppy. billie needs a playmate, am i right? i'm nuts.

KAMMY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails