Nov 4, 2004

"Welcome to the OC..."

Ah, what an exciting night. Like all the other diehard fans, I'd been counting down the days until tonight's season premiere of the show that renewed my faith in good ol' 90210-style television. Tonight did not disappoint, besides the fact that I had to pause every minute or so to explain to first Auddie, then later (multiple times) to my parents, who all the characters were and how they were connected. It all makes sense if you saw the first season, but when you're getting it all in one dose, it seems pretty crazy if you think about it...

("that brunette [Julie] married this old guy [Caleb], and he's this other woman's dad, and she's [Kirsten] that kid in the green shirt's [Seth] mom, and that kid used to date this girl [Summer], who is best friend's with the really skinny one [Marissa], who used to date the kid from the bad part of town [Ryan], who left the OC to go back to his pregnant girlfriend...")

I didn't even try to start on Luke and his dad! Whoo. Anyway, I love the show, and it's a guilt-free pleasure; I am not embarassed by it nor do I have any shame. I just love it! It's incredibly entertaining, and I love the music. You gotta give Josh Schwartz credit for being able to blend the "underground" or "indie" music scene with this ridiculously popular teenybopper show.

My Thursday night lineup is officially complete! (Quite the social life, eh?)


Current Music: Mr. Brightside, by The Killers
Current Mood: "amped" -- (Laguna Beach/OC language)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails