Nov 2, 2004

Too Early To Call

Right now the vote difference between candidates in New Hampshire is 147. Holy cow! Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio are still too close to call, and we know they aren't going to say anything until they're damn sure. Not to mention all those absentee ballots that still have be registered... this could be a long little process.

I'm getting a bit nervous. I don't want to jinx anything, and I know it's not over til it's over, but you can't help but get that sinking feeling as you watch the Red show up on the map over and over again.

I'm at Huan's place and we're enjoying his delicious chili again. And some chips and peach salsa. And Halloween candy. I'm voting for a switch to Laguna Beach to ease some of this tension. The Daily Show Special at 10 definitely provided some much-needed laughs.

One thing I'm very excited about is that I got Auddie engaged in the process. We explained the Electoral College to her as best we could, and she had her Mini Page special about the Election to guide her. Last night we each printed out blank U.S. Maps and labeled them, and tonight she and I were following along and coloring the map as they announced them (It's kind of fun! Great excuse to get back into crayons). She would call me every now and then to make sure she got all of them, which was really cute. It's nice to feel like you have a role in teaching and raising your little sis and getting her interested in something important at a young age.

This IM exchange was particularly cute:

auddie5001: kerry's losing big time
auddie5001: come on
auddie5001: :(

Well, cute if you overlook the fact that she, too, had noticed the large Red blobs taking over the awesome ice rink U.S. Map up in Rockefeller Center.

Again, we'll have to wait for those key "battleground" states to roll in...

I still have faith!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails