Nov 15, 2004

A few announcements

-First of all, I was just in my car and had to do a double-take as my lovely radio data alert system, which scrolls song & artist, was telling me that I was listening to Nelly and Tim McGraw on "Over and Over." Well, call me out of the loop, but I had no idea! That's something though, huh? I kind of like it... the crossover, that is. Kudos for making more music we will find difficult to simply "label."

-Thank god for Patrick Ramsey getting a chance to start next week for the Skins. It might be too little, too late, but at least we've got something to look forward to, and the hope of more than 6 yards from the QB... (sorry Brunell, but let's face it, you suck)

-The Amazing Race 6 season premiere is tomorrow night at 9 PM. If you have not ever seen this show, start tuning in now. It's the best reality show on TV, and one that has gone (mostly) unnoticed until recently. Hell, I didn't even tune in until Season 4 and I'm a TV junkie! You don't know what you're missing! Trust me, it's a must-watch. At the least, it's better for your brain than "The Swan."

-Rufus Wainwright's "Want Two," his very highly anticipated follow-up to the wonderfully addicting "Want One," will hit your local record stores tomorrow. It comes with a 20-track DVD bonus, so who can resist? I've already heard some tracks off this one, and it's amazing. It combines Rufus's beautifully unique voice and simple songwriting with his quirky and truly brilliant musical side. Do yourself a favor and pick this one up.



Current Music: "his goal in life was to be an echo..." -Hummingbird, by Wilco


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails