Nov 3, 2004

Don't mess with the Fortune Teller

It turns out the Redskins failed as an election predictor (guess it should have been a TD after all...), but the fortune tellers were right. I should have known. A couple days ago, my parents told me our personal Vietnamese fortune telling friend (the Thây Boí) was predicting Bush would win the election. Huan and I got a little upset and tried to ignore this fact, but it was always in the back of my mind. Could they be right? How do they really know? Do I believe them? I guess all was answered today. If I ever questioned their credibility, they redeemed themselves with this call. Am I starting to sound crazy? I used to think my parents were crazy, but now they've reeled me in.

On a related note, my dad showed me this article today. It should be particularly interesting to those of you who are lost right now, or are picturing Whoopi Goldberg in "Ghost" when I mention a fortune teller. This is the type of conversation you could hear around my house regarding the election-- and they're dead serious about it. Half the time, I actually believe it. Now, I'm even more convinced.


1 comment:

Thuy-Van said...

most of the time, the fortunetellers are creepily right, but with this prediction, they had a 50-50 chance. he might have just been lucky.

Related Posts with Thumbnails