Mar 27, 2005

Youngins on IM

Reason 237 why the "IM generation" (Auddie-aged people) scares me and I wish kids could still play outside instead of going on their computers:
(for the sake of youngin's identity, I have replaced a portion of her screen name with 'x...')

xxxxxxxGurl6: hey-ho
xxxxxxxGurl6: pouy?
pouyster: yup
pouyster: hey
xxxxxxxGurl6: hello
pouyster: hi
xxxxxxxGurl6: ur pro is old [this is where i figure out that "pro" means profile]
pouyster: yeah
pouyster: i know
xxxxxxxGurl6: change it then
pouyster: why
xxxxxxxGurl6: why not?
pouyster: it's supposed to stay the same. it's timeless
xxxxxxxGurl6: why not?
pouyster: huh?
xxxxxxxGurl6: you asked why
xxxxxxxGurl6: i said why not
pouyster: and i said it doesn't need to keep changing b/c it's timeless
pouyster: i like what is there
xxxxxxxGurl6: i dont get this MaiTai113: he is always talking or eating paper or being weird
pouyster: yeah
pouyster: it's supposed to be funny
xxxxxxxGurl6: who is he?
pouyster: sorry if you don't get it
pouyster: some kid from our vn school class
xxxxxxxGurl6: hm.....
xxxxxxxGurl6: so.........
xxxxxxxGurl6: what do you wanna talk about
pouyster: huh? you're the one who IMed me
xxxxxxxGurl6: well....im asking you
pouyster: ok..
xxxxxxxGurl6: oh nvm
pouyster: how was your spring break
xxxxxxxGurl6: it was ok i guess
pouyster: why only ok
xxxxxxxGurl6: nothing specila
xxxxxxxGurl6: special*
xxxxxxxGurl6: im gonna go
xxxxxxxGurl6: bye
pouyster: ok, bye
xxxxxxxGurl6: bye

Oh, and a quick Reason 128:

The following is part of the screen name of one of Auddie's friends:
fOreVasQuiSheD

I saw that this person messaged her, and I went over to Auddie and said: "Who is Fa Orey Vaz Kee She Dee?" And Auddie replies, "You mean Forever Squished?"
Ummm I guess so. Maybe if it was written like the rest of the English language I might have picked up on that! Where did this concept of rAnDoM CaPs begin anyway?

Yikes! I'm thankful my childhood took place in the pre-Internet era, though I worry about what is to come for these technology-dependent kids today. Do they even know what a card catalog is? Dewey Decimal, anybody?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

classic... thought it somewhat reminds me of the hours we logged on IM back in high school- when we only knew eachother as hngrieyes and pouy (at least neither of us fell victim to random capitalization)

for entertainment, however, we did resort to the acronym game... at least that was somewhat educational, though. i mean, it can be argued as educational... maybe? and besides, we were only online to avoid schoolwork, not to avoid playing outside!

and so ends my argument.

~Maggie

Anonymous said...

by "thought it somewhat reminds me" i mean "though..."

Anonymous said...

gee i hope [you know who] (let's not give away who it is, right p?) doesn't read your blog....

Anonymous said...

by the way, did you take my funny IM comment out of your "pro" because of her? i am offended! need i remind you that you are still on mine!?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't read that either! Forever Squished? I can't read those random caps worth a damn. Kids these days, huh? :)

-Caroline

Related Posts with Thumbnails