Mar 12, 2005

Happy St. Patty's Day (weekend)!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Huan and I started off the day by participating in the annual St. Patrick's Day 10K downtown! It was a last-minute decision, and even though cold temps and possible preciptation was forecasted, we decided to go for it anyway. Luckily, the sun was shining and there was no sign of rain/snow, so it ended up being a great morning for a run. We ran down "historic" Pennsylvania Ave. toward the Capitol, then did a bunch of other loops around the area before finishing back by Freedom Plaza/Ronald Reagan building. Quite nice.

The good news is, I finished! After a bit of a slow start and some shin pain, I ran a great second half of the race and felt great when I crossed the finish line. It was once again a very satisfying experience, and I was glad we decided to do it. There were tons of folks out there! Some were in very spirited green, and we even enjoyed some bagpipe entertainment along the way.

Anywho. I'm off to the Shamrock Fest. in the Ballston area this afternoon-- lots of food, drinks, and music. I'm glad I got my exercise out of the way before enjoying what is sure to be a gluttonous afternoon and evening! Tata...


Current Music: Everyday, by Dave Matthews Band
Current Mood: excellent

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails