Mar 27, 2005

March Madness, etc.

So I have to give Nathaniel credit for making me loyal to yet another Illinois sports team (or at least dare not root for their opponent). Tonight's win over Arizona was probably the most incredible finish to a game I've ever seen. With less than 5 minutes left and the Illini down 15, I was already thinking of ways we would have to console Natty and how the rest of the night would be a total downer. But as we all saw (and still may not believe), they completed an amazing and improbable comeback to stun Arizona while almost causing my heart to jump out of my chest on multiple occasions. Amazing, really. What is it about March Madness that allows for these buzzer-beating, multiple overtime events that under any other circumstance would not occur? Whatever it is, it's some of the greatest stuff to watch--ever. I just love it.

On top of the lovely game drama, I have to thank Bac Jojo for having me over for dinner and preparing one of my favorite dishes, thit bo xao khoai tay (stir fried beef with potatoes-- simple but always so satisfying), which was only enhanced by Co Ti's delicious and spicy nuoc mam (you all should know this one is fish sauce-- much more delicious than its name implies!). It was a delightful home cooked meal which over the past week I had missed! At least Dad & Auddie return tomorrow so that should be nice. I'm starting to fail at the whole 'taking care of the house thing.' Kim was kind enough to point this out to me today when she noticed some old pomelos that needed to be thrown out, as well as the dishwasher overflowing with suds.. probably not a good sign. Well, it was good training while it lasted!


Current Music: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, by Neutral Milk Hotel
Current Mood: pensive

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails