Feb 24, 2005

Speechless

Well, I contemplated using one of many clever song titles as the subject of this post (e.g. "Are You Happy Now?"), but in the end it was too mean and I felt bad.

Michelle Branch is pregnant!

Yikes. I thought I heard it last night on the radio, so I awoke this morning curious to find out if it was true. Sure enough, it appears Michelle posted a letter on The Wreckers website announcing it. Strangely, the letter has since been removed but can be found elsewhere... bizarro. I was looking at her bio and my jaw just about dropped when I saw that she was born in 1983. I was like, can people born in 1983 even have babies? How scary. To make matters more interesting (worse), I found out her husband was born in 1964!! That's right, she married her bassist who is almost twice her age and now she's preggers with their child at the ripe age of 21. Fabulous, Michelle. Sounds like an oops to me. Here is the excerpt from her letter...seems to be dripping with nerves/awkwardness and a feeling of "Holy crap, how did this happen!!!" but maybe that's just me:

So at the beginning of this project everyone at Maverick kept reiterating that they wanted this project to feel young and fun. (Come on people! We all know that Jess and I are a barrel of freaking monkeys!!) Well now it seems that they are getting exactly what they asked for! Teddy and I are expecting our first child in five months!!! Can you believe it!? That's definitely young and fun for ya! We are so excited and thrilled about starting this new chapter in our lives.

UMMM, Michelle, I think they were talking about YOU being young and fun, not suggesting you get pregnant. Honestly though, I hope it all works out for her and that she doesn't have a meltdown. And for those of you wondering, she was not the one dating the lead singer of Third Eye Blind, that's Vanessa Carlton.


Current Music: Long Way Down, by Pete Yorn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails