Jan 9, 2005

Last day of vacay...

Well, it's time to close the door on my 7 month + vacation (ooh, sounds different when you actually say it out loud). It's been a lovely ride, but I fear it's time to move on to the next big thing. It's been a time for playing mom, playing school (VN), ... and mostly just a lot of other playing. Don't get me wrong-- I found myself surprisingly productive for what one would expect out of an unemployed grad living at home. And I often felt I had to justify this to myself and other people. "It's not like I wake up in the afternoon everyday and just sit around watching TV." Ok, so I watched my fair share of TV and did enjoy more couch time than the average guy, but as many of you know, living around the fam in NOVA doesn't leave you much time to be still. There's always something to be done, someone to see, something to pick up, etc. I probably won't mind a little break from that, to be honest. I'm actually quite excited about getting into something new, and at the least, feeling like a productive member of society. I'll know soon how much time I have left for blogging, but never fear, I'll do some reshifting on my priority list and make it happen as best I can. Blogging is a way of life, after all!

For now, an afternoon of football before I go try on my first-day-of-work outfit and get at least 8 hours of sleep before the big day. As an aside, I must say I enjoy Jake Plummer 10x more than I used to with his new macho-man beard. He was always just a sissy man before, but with the new facial hair he's moving in the right direction.

Oh, one last thing. Tonight is the big premiere of the 4th season of "24." I don't know if I can handle it. Last season was really draining. It became like this love-hate relationship. Forced to tune in every week for 24 episodes total, and by the end it was like-- is this really the best thing for us? But I kept coming back because I had to know, I couldn't pull myself away. Anyway, I'll definitely start this season but I make no promises about my commitment. If you've never seen this show, though, I do recommend it. It's the only one of its kind. After all, have I ever failed you with a recommendation?



1 comment:

APostcardFrom said...

Well, your comment about "things priceless in the end" nearly brought tears to my eye but here I am, commenting on 24. I am glad that I'm not back to see that show. Seems like quite a few of my old favorites (I'm looking at YOU, the OC) have gone downhill and my disappointment in last year's 24 is still strong. Good luck watching and make sure to let me know if they FINALLY kill off Kim.

Related Posts with Thumbnails