Jan 14, 2005

HFS no more...

Oh, one last link for today. For all you once-local people, HFS as we know it is gone! Even though the station has been really terrible for the past few years (perhaps this is a reflection of my musical taste and not the station), it still represented such a large part of my teenage years, not to mention the famed HFStival. I still remember going in 1998 and seeing the likes of Third Eye Blind (first time I discovered Stephan Jenkins could not hold a single note live) and of course Green Day burning down the drumkit on stage. Sigh... so many memories represented by a single radio station. I found out about this on Wednesday when Huan asked me to turn to 99.1 on the dial, and I did only to hear some upbeat Spanish tunes instead of the usual "alt-rock"... It was so weird!

And now for one last random comment. As much as MTV has gone down the tubes the past few years, I have to say I do love the new commercials they are playing to promote the Simpson sisters' new shows. They are simply hilarious. But how Ashlee Simpson still seems to be going strong? I have no idea.


Current Music: Typical Situation, by Dave Matthews Band
Current Mood: relaxed


1 comment:

APostcardFrom said...

Oh 1998. I could share some memories from that concert but am gonna go ahead and keep some secrets. Good times though, I remember almost dying in a random moshpit during Rage Against the Machine's set.

Related Posts with Thumbnails