Jan 27, 2005

Chicks and sports

Here is an article highlighting typical girl behavior as related to sports. I found it very insulting. That was about all. And it was written by a girl!...who writes for a site called Chicksonfootball.com! Maybe she is "one of the boys" now so thinks she can mock the whole idea. Anyway, that's weird. I guess that's probably the reason why it seems okay to publish it? Because she's actually trying to help girls break out of the stereotype? I don't know, but I didn't take it well. While I know things like this are meant to be lighthearted and in good fun, they give me even more reason to keep pressing Auddie to learn about and watch sports with me and my bro and dad when we're at home. I've tried to explain to her time and time again that it's so important, even if she doesn't really like sports, that she knows what's going on so that guys don't just assume she's an idiot about it. (Ok, so it's hard to get her into it if she doesn't like it, but I figure if she knows what's going on she'll learn to like it.) We can't let these boys perpetuate the cycle. So far, Auddie's not really picking up the ball (no pun intended)... I mean, she's occasionally watching the games and everything, but every week, even after I think I've explained the basics, she'll come up with a more ridiculous question. I think I've tried to explain the very simple 4-down concept to her at least five times. We also played a fun game where she tried to guess the team mascot based on their helmets. I think one of her answers was "Indianapolis Horseshoes." Simply classic.


Current Music: Clocks, by Coldplay
Current Mood: good -- c'est le week-end! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"wrap it up, zebras!"??? what a loser. that chick sucks. nobody says stupid things like that!! she's probably one of those girls who has to win all the guys over by faking everything in her life, but in reality, wants to wear her jimmy choos, a leather micro-mini, and a cashmere poncho. i hate her.

guess who

Related Posts with Thumbnails