Mar 20, 2006

The softer side of Jack Bauer?

My weekly browse through the iTunes music store led me to Jack Bauer's celebrity playlist. (Yes, I know it's actually Kiefer Sutherland's list, I just prefer the idea that Jack Bauer is not a fictional character.) Anyway, through the list I learned that Mr. Bauer himself is quite the music fan, and aside from boasting a collection of over a couple dozen Gibson guitars, he started a music studio/record label with none other than artist Jude Cole, who I guess is best known for his early '90s work.

The label, Ironworks Music, which claims to be all about real artists -- those who aren't necessarily "pop hit acts" but "really believe in themselves" -- is not so original in its goal to find undiscovered, talented artists who deserve to be signed over, say, Lindsay Lohan, but it is the only label that can claim to be co-owned with artists hand-picked by the most ruthless and intimidating government agent ever.

Anyway, the first release under the label is for a guy/band named Rocco DeLuca & The Burden. The album, I Trust You to Kill Me, will be in stores on March 21 (but incidentally is already available for purchase on iTunes) and of course, a few cuts are streaming on MySpace.

And suddenly I feel duped... clearly it's a coincidence that Kiefer Sutherland would release his celebrity playlist to iTunes with three songs from his own label's artist on the very week the debut album for the record label is released, right? Jack isn't that sneaky, is he?

Geez, I've barely given it a listen but somehow just because Bauer digs it, I'm all about the promo. It's shameless, really. He's got all of America held hostage!! Damn him for duping me. Sorry for being so careless, dear readers. I guess that's why Jack Bauer really is the man.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails