Mar 8, 2006

Congrats to Chloe!

Before I head to bed (it's my third night on Tylenol Cold PM-- works wonders!), I must quickly post on tonight's "Project Runway" finale. In what was a surprising outcome (at least before everyone saw the runway show), Chloe came out on top, rising above frontrunners Daniel V. and Santino to be crowned the winner. After last week's episode in which we got a preview of everyone's collection, I swore it was going to be Santino, not only because his designs seemed to be the best, but moreso for the way Bravo was turning him into this apologetic and suddenly (more) likeable character.

In any case, I was pleasantly surprised that the final two came down to Chloe and Daniel V! And while I truly think the others may have wanted it more than Chloe, and while I didn't love all her pieces, I definitely think her collection was the best-- most professional, sophisticated, and basically just immaculate in its creation. I bet she's all like "Aw man, now I gotta go hang out with some Banana designer? New York is played out, honey, I'm ready to go back to Houston..." And I'm sure Daniel V. is laughing in her face now that he's got a Michael Kors safety net to fall back on!

Anyway, I thought the dress that Grace wore, in particular, was just stunning and so well-made. I never really liked Grace as a model but I thought she looked great!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See Chloe's full collection here with some additional detailed shots here.
And if you want to judge for yourself, check out Daniel's and Santino's collections, too. (You can also see Kara's... I have no idea how she snuck her way into Fashion Week with some of these designs)

One last observation: So I know I'm short and everything, but is it just me or is Chloe literally like 4'9"??? Even when wearing shoes she looked to be about half the size of average-height people! Way to keep it real, Chloe.

2 comments:

maitai said...

she looked like a hobbit next to grace. hilarious!

maitai said...

btw, you just love to spoil all shows, don't you!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails