Mar 12, 2006

A new download, at last...

Since I haven't plugged any music in a while, I'll take this opportunity to bring back my Sunday downloads. Most of you (whether or not you've known it) have probably already heard Joshua Radin's music featured on popular television shows such as "Scrubs" and more recently "Grey's Anatomy."

I first heard him on an episode of "Scrubs," which is one of my favorite shows in part because of the fantastic music. Zach Braff's got some good taste, and he's been plugging his pal Joshua Radin for quite some time. After I heard "Closer" on an episode last season, I scoured the web to find out more on this guy. Finally, a year later, he's released his first full-length album, We Were Here, which, as of now is only available as an album download on iTunes. But word has it he just signed with Columbia Records, so the album should hopefully be available in tangible record-store form soon ("late spring," according to his website). Among his original tunes, the album also features a surprising acoustic cover of Yaz's "Only You." Who can resist?

Click here to stream some audio of Joshua Radin's recent in-studio performance and interview with the fabulous KCRW.

And in the meantime, here's a sampler... enjoy!

Joshua Radin :: Closer

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails