Feb 6, 2006

#1 single

As if I needed anything new to watch on TV, I managed to catch a couple reruns of Lisa Loeb's new reality TV Show, #1 Single, and I have to say it's really quite good. Who knew Lisa Loeb, 37 and desperate to have babies (she said it herself -- "I don't want maybes, i want babies!" were her exact words), could be so great for TV? Despite the fact that she agreed to put her life on TV and thus can be considered not "normal" and even slightly crazy, she comes off as an incredibly down-to-earth and totally cool person. It's a little unsettling that she constantly emphasizes her normalness and anti-gossip/celeb personality, yet she's on this cable reality TV show about her personal life. I dunno. Maybe that's the irony of it all. Either way, in watching Lisa in her dating escapades, you kind of want to be her friend and you definitely want her to find Mr. Right. The way she dials up her mom to chat, stuffs donuts in her face, or is a self-professed techie geek... all of it is completely charming and makes her an infinitely likeable "character" for her show.

I do have to say though, what kind of unbelievable coincidence is it that in Lisa's first AirTroductions experience, her date would be with another quasi-celebrity (author Allen Salkin, who penned the Seinfeldian Festivus) who would subsequently land Lisa on New York Post's page 6? Strange I tell you.

Anywho. I'll probably have to cut out another show on my ever-growing roster to make room for this. After all, it was Lisa who originally inspired me "Stay," as I, with my slightly Lisa Loeb-esque glasses pranced around my basement doing my own personal rendition of the music video... To think, that was 1994!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails