Oct 11, 2005

The times, they are a-changin'...

First things first: My apologies for the lack of updates. My computer time has been limited lately. I smell another hiatus.

My auntie sent me an amusing e-mail today and it seemed like such a joke that I thought I'd post about it. It's an old clipping that purports to be from a 1955 "Housekeeping Monthly" article about how to be a good wife. (Other sources indicate that the graphic is fabricated and that the text is from a 1950s home economics textbook.) Real or not, it's still worth a look just as a reminder to appreciate and acknowledge how much has changed for women in only a few decades (though arguably it's not enough). We all may laugh now, but we really should remember that these ideals were once a reality for women... long before the days of Geena Davis as our TV president.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Current Music: The Wrong Idea, by Chris Thile

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails