Sep 5, 2005

Cause Perfect Didn't Feel So Perfect...

I just enjoyed a lovely Labor Day weekend in Sea Girt and Bay Head on the Jersey shore with great company and perfect beach conditions (we could actually swim in the water!). While it was no OC, I had a heck of a good time, as I'm not really that picky about my sand and sun, so long as I'm on the beach with good friends and good beach snacks.

Speaking of the OC, I haven't shouted out to
Laguna Beach since Season 2 began, so let this be the post where I do so. I was wary of a Season 2 that promised to center around Kristin and the senior newbies, but so far this season--aside from the disaster that is Jessica, and Casey, the Paris-Hilton-in-waiting-- has provided a pleasant entertainment experience.

I find myself so fixated on the show, and I can't quite explain why. I'll even be glued to the reruns, overanalyzing all the teen drama: the awkward conversations and dates, who's hot (Stephen!!) and who's not (Jason..), and of course the confusing timeline (how exactly did Alex ask Jason to the formal before he started dating Jessica, even though we are watching her ask him out while Jason and Jessica are together? Is there an unofficial and official ask session that they have out there in the 'Real OC'?)

Kristin has really stepped it up this year. Despite being the royal bitch that she is, I truly think she's got her head on straight and out of all the "characters," she got good sense and knows what's going on the most-- "keeps it real," if you will. Now, if only LC could keep it real and stop pining after Stephen, who, despite being a hottie "college guy" who should be getting lots of chicks, is so clearly still in love with Kristin and wants only to be friends (though admittedly, he's a great friend-- what guy brings flowers and chocolates to his "friend" on Valentine's Day??)

As usual, I could go on, but I probably ought to stop before I get carried away. Since I couldn't find a good Season 2 pic, and because I love and miss Trey and I dislike the "new girls," here's a lovely Season 1 cast shot...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And finally, as a bonus, here's that ridiculously catchy and anthemic theme song that we all know and love...

Hilary Duff ::
Come Clean

Before Laguna Beach, this song was just another pop ditty that would appear on teeny mixes and just as soon disappear into a garage-sale cd box. But now, Hilary Duff is counting her blessings because this song has become so much more than any ordinary tune. It is the perfect opening theme song for Laguna Beach, almost as if it were written for the show. You see the bright, tan, and smiling faces of Kristin, Stephen, LC & co. flashing before your eyes as you hear "Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams...!" and suddenly you're taken back to being 17 and for those brief 30 seconds, you truly feel like this is really important, that these events in their lives--the formals, the dinners at Pomodoro, the bonfires on the beach--are critical and deserving of the attention we give it. (In reality, we're just completely jealous.. well, at least I am!)

Anyway, it's somehow become a profound and inspiring teeny tune, and listening to it is actually a great way to start your day (just ask Huan). Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails