Aug 23, 2005

Join the Flickr revolution!

I finally discovered a better way to share and store my photos. Huan got all hyped up about Flickr last week, so I figured I should check it out.

Last night, I started my own Flickr account and uploaded a handful of photos. Note that Flickr is still in beta form, so any kinks will be worked out in time and the service is likely to improve. But as it stands, I think the free service is great. Sure, Ofoto (or "KodakGallery") or Snapfish work fine, too, especially if you want to load your photos to buy and print, but I like Flickr because it acts more like a personal photo gallery space. You can organize as you please, decide who gets to see your photos and download them, allow people to comment, add tags, and so on... It's like a little online community-- like blogging, yes, but communicating through photos instead of words.

I'll still be posting photos to the blog, but my hope is that I'll turn Flickr into a fun little photo gallery. For now, I'm starting with my favorite photos, and only ones that I've actually taken myself. That may change in the future... we'll see what happens. So go ahead, check it out, and when you decide to join, add me as a contact!


Current Music: Beautiful Child, by Rufus Wainwright

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails