May 24, 2010

Congrats to the new grad!


My family spent this past weekend in beautiful Charlottesville to celebrate my brother's graduation from Darden. I love going back to UVA. To me, it's like a little slice of paradise. The quick 2-hour drive down from DC always allows me time to reminisce, and strolling around town always brings back great college memories. I even managed to sneak in two of my favorites -- breakfast from Bodo's and an Ednam sandwich from Bellair Market -- to complete the visit.

Though the weekend's forecast was not ideal, somehow the ridiculous downpour that persisted much of the weekend managed to dodge the lovely graduation ceremony as well as a beautiful post-graduation gathering at DelFosse Winery on Sunday night. Sometimes I think it's so funny how weather works out that way.. like it knows when you need to it be sunny and dry, if even for a moment.

It was a busy but wonderful weekend with family and a great celebration of Huan's new bright and shiny MBA! Congrats, bro.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails