Apr 20, 2010

I'm back (again)!

After a four month hiatus, I've decided to revive the ol' blog. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this stop and go business, but what blogging has taught me, if anything, is that everyone needs a break every now and then in order to return with fresh ideas and new inspiration.

2009 was the year of the self-portrait and a way to ensure I'd be back here at least once a week. Sure, it was a bit of a cop-out since I already had the photos on my Flickr page, but hey - at least there was new content up here.

The beginning of 2010 has been pretty good. The most notable changes/highlights have been the birth of a new baby cousin/pseudo-niece (Penny!) in January whom I simply adore, the most ridiculous DC winter I've ever witnessed in all my years here, the addition of a record player into my life, and finally spending some respectable time in my kitchen (and loving it!).

Looking forward, the inspiration for this blog will be the things that make me happiest: music and food. I hope to discuss more of what I'm listening to and also what I'm cooking (and eating!), in addition to what I'm sure will be some less meaningful posts about ridiculous Internet fodder and other random things I'm enjoying.

So, if you're still around, hope you enjoy what's to come. I look forward to sharing with you and reading comments about what you think!

And, because every comeback post deserves a photo, here is my favorite SP of the year... a shot of me & my pal Penelope from my visit to NYC earlier this month.

2 comments:

Laura Plattner said...

good to have you--and some procrastination material--back in my life!

maitai said...

ohhhh realllyyyyyy

Related Posts with Thumbnails