Apr 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

I walked into work today to find the following item sitting on my desk chair:




"Oooh, what's this? A poncho?" I thought. I know - why would it be a poncho? For a moment I forgot it was Earth Day, so when a colleague told me the gift was, in fact, a reusable bag, I thought, "Oooh, of course! Brilliant!"

Here it is in its expanded form:

Kinda great, right? Akridge, the company that manages this building (and incidentally whose offfices are also located in this building), makes it clear that they're "green" and in addition to constantly celebrating the Earth, they also give us chocolate hearts on Valentine's day and freshly-popped popcorn in the lobby when we're really nice. Not bad at all! 

Remember to bring your reusable bags to the grocery store, folks! Once you start the habit, it becomes second nature. Plus, if you're in DC, think of all those nickels you're saving (and earning! - if the store offers a bag refund).

3 comments:

maitai said...

swizz gift. i love reusable bags. happy earth day!

also, where's rowdy roddy piper?????

Pouy said...

@maitai: i know, i was so nerdily excited about the reusable bag! ummm rowdy roddy i BELIEVE is still in the back seat of my car (oops!)

maitai said...

@pouy haha! rowdy roddy is lonely! and probably also pretty hot in the car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails