Jan 14, 2007

Sesame Street Videos

I was out to dinner with Becca and Pepper last night, and after a couple glasses of wine we ended up on the topic of childhood television, which naturally led to a discussion of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, 3-2-1 Contact, and of course Sesame Street.

The rest of the night included lots of reminiscing over our favorite live Sesame Street film reels that showed us the wonder of how things were made.

If any of you watched Sesame Street in the late '70s through the mid '80s, you're sure to remember some of these. It's amazing how vivid all of these were in my mind. Watching them again today made me feel like it was only yesterday I saw them for the first time.

1) How Crayons are Made:






How delicious does the liquid orange color look? I want to make some fresh mac & cheese with it!


2) Saxophones!





The best part is the honking and squeaking saxophone background sound effects.



3) "3-2-1 Contact!" theme song!



Pepper and I seemed to be the only ones to really remember this theme song well, which led me to believe that 3-2-1 Contact may have been a bit more underground and on the fringe than its counterparts back in the day. Or maybe it was only intended for the geeks who liked science and such. Either way, it was a great theme song and a fantastic show.

There are tons of other great Sesame Street clips to enjoy and find on YouTube. Let's just say I've already spent at least an hour this afternoon watching them... Yet another reason why I worship the Internet. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I remember the orange crayon Sesame Street! AND 3-2-1 Contact! Thanks for the reminiscing. :)

C

Unknown said...

Watching the crayon bit just made me so happy. And I remember the saxophone making segment too. Strange the things your subconscious holds onto. I think I could reminisce about childhood TV shows for hours and hours without getting tired of it.

Anonymous said...

3-2-1 Contact was my favorite. The Bloodhound Gang was always a special treat at the end of some episodes!

Joe

Related Posts with Thumbnails