Jan 30, 2007

Funny Faces Tracing Fun

So, a friend of mine showed me this sweet website the other day, which was featured on an M&M's commercial I haven't yet seen. If you are looking for a moment of distraction, please take a moment to visit the site, design your own M&M character, and do tons of other useless but entertaining things.

The M&M character creator immediately brought back memories of one of my favorite childhood activities -- the Funny Faces Tracing Fun book. Anyone out there remember? I either got this book from one of the many book fairs at school or ordered it from the Scholastic book order (Can we discuss how this was always the highlight of the month?? Damn, I miss elementary school!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The good news is, a quick Google of the book turned up an Amazon link. The bad news is, the book -- which in 1987 retailed for $2.99 or so -- is now selling at $24.95. Seriously? And some of them are used copies? Does that mean they wouldn't even include the tracing paper? I'm a little upset by the profiteering going on here, as I would love to have a copy of this. I'm also hoping for the slim chance that I never threw this away and could possibly dig it up from an old storage box in my parents' basement... Either way, I made some pretty classic Funny Faces back in the day and I think everyone should have a chance to do the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny faces tracing fun...i have such a vague, fuzzy recollection of that from back in the day...looks kinda like a 2D version of mr. potatohead. ha, mr. potatohead. how ridiculous was that?

Thuy-Van said...

i think mine must be sitting around my basement as well.

i love how you remember all these random yet cool things from our childhoods.

maitai said...

oh, how i miss those scholastic book order form thingies.

Unknown said...

What's even funnier is that since your post in 2007, the book now sells for $90 and up. Ugh!! I would of paid $24.00 back in 2007.
I am hoping that someone somewhere that doesn't want to rip me off.

Related Posts with Thumbnails