Sep 10, 2006

Quick hits

Just a quick post to promote some great music I heard over the weekend. I went to the Velvet Lounge Friday night for The Roosevelt's EP release party/show. These guys are friends of Molly's brother and I know at least half of them personally. They are great people and also great musicians. Stream some of their tracks at myspace, or visit their website directly for more. It's solid and catchy stuff.

Opening for The Roosevelt that night was an act called Vandaveer, who I found out is actually a guy named Mark Charles Heidinger. Anyway, this guy was incredible. He played quiet and simple acoustic guitar tunes and let his soothing voice carry lush and memorable melodies. Check out his
myspace immediately for a sample track.

Sorry for the brevity of the post; twas a long weekend and I'm completely spent!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails