Sep 13, 2006

How bout 'dem Apples?

Apple today announced its latest update to the iPod line, which includes a newly shrunken Shuffle and a gorgeous new Nano available in five colors in the scratch-resistant aluminum shell made popular by the phased-out Mini.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


How many people do you think will accidentally run their Shuffle through the laundry? I know I probably would, so I'm eyeing the Nano as a potential buy right now. With up to 24 hours of battery life, and of course the compatibility with the Nike+iPod software, it seems like Apple's best new product.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Then again, there's always the 80 gig (that's right, 80!!) iPod to support not only your giant music collection, but for all the new movies -- and games!! -- Apple is now offering through iTunes. It was only a matter of time before they got into the movie market, but at $12.99 to $14.99 a pop, what I imagine will be extremely long download times, the potential for battery drain, and of course the idea of watching a 2 hour movie on a 2.5" screen, I'm guessing most people will stick to Netflix. Then again, now that I'm a Metro rider, I can appreciate a good way to pass the time on the morning commute. Tetris, anyone??

1 comment:

maitai said...

oh yea! i saw that on popgadget. serously ridiculous like zoolander's cell phone.

i have tetris on my cell. it's swizz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails