Aug 28, 2006

Movin' On Up

Dear readers:

As you may or may not know, this past weekend marked a momentous occasion in my relatively sheltered and Virginia-centric life. I made the big -- and some would say long overdue -- leap and moved out of my hometown of Springfield into a lovely place in Silver Spring, Md. with my cousin Steph.

This means: No more commuting to work with the rents, no more wonderful daily dinners cooked by Mom (my nutrition will either improve or degrade dramatically as a result; it has yet to be seen which way it will go), and basically being able to dodge that awkward part in conversations where I say I live in Springfield and hope it doesn't escalate to the point that I have to say "with my parents."

For all who know me and my parents, you know that living at home was the high life (aside from being the occasional damper on my social life -- but let's be honest, that wasn't the reason, was it?), and if there were any parents I'd want to share my meals and TV time with, I'd definitely pick mine. That said, it was time to move on and grow up, much to the disappointment of my near and dear companion, Auddie. But I'm fairly sure that once 8th grade starts up in about a week, all will be back to normal...

In any case, the blogging shall continue, perhaps slow at first, as I'm still delaying a laptop purchase and working on setting up WiFi at the apartment. (Who knew the new MacBooks were flawed by a random
shutdown problem? Way to add fuel to my indecision!) But hopefully I'll be back to the regular routine soon, and for the most part it will be as if I never left homebase.

4 comments:

maitai said...

yea, i'm pretty sure that living at home didn't affect your social life.

i think your lacking social life is the reason you stayed at home for so long! ;)

Anonymous said...

screw the mac

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move. Now you'll have no more excuses but to go out and find that fabulous social life you need and deserve.

Anonymous said...

who are all the random anonymites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails