Dec 8, 2005

Two fast points.

-Big local news! The DC Council voted 12-1 Tuesday to pass a smoking ban for all bars and restaurants in DC. It still needs the mayor's signature, but with such an overwhelming majority in favor, it looks like they'd be able to override his veto if he doesn't approve. Clearly there's a lot of debate on the issue, but I for one am all for it! Now I won't have to look forward to smoke-free outings in New York if I can enjoy them right at home...

-So things at work are beginning to get interesting. And by that I mean, today I was addressed by clients on the phone as both "Cody" and "Julie" after either leaving voicemails or telling receptionists my name... I wonder what else they'll come up with. I'll be sure to keep a list going and update everyone as necessary.

For now I'm hunkering down at Huan's pad and waiting for the first snowflake/iceblock to fall from the sky to begin what I'm sure will be dubbed something ridiculous like DC Freeze '05 (no matter how much or how little we actually get, of course). Cheers to wintry weather.

2 comments:

maitai said...

cody? that is hilarious. i've given up trying to call you via my bluetooth. when i say "call pouy" (with the following variations of course: "poo-eee" and "poy") it always says "did you say roy?" or "we did not recognize your request."

god damn pouy

Anonymous said...

wait.. what did you tell them to call you at work that they got Cody and Julie?

Related Posts with Thumbnails