Dec 13, 2005

Amazing, indeed!

After yet another heart-pounding Amazing Race season finale, I was thrilled and relieved to see the Linz family land first on the final mat and receive their $1 million prize!

[Update: The Linzes score extra points in my book for giving half their prize to their parents, and splitting the rest among the 7 siblings in the family. ]

I was rooting for them from the start, probably because I saw a bit of my own family in their close-knit sibling bond. After all those second place finishes, they hung in there to finish first when it counted! And don't be too disappointed for the Bransens-- in case you forgot, they won a ton of first-place prizes, one of which was free gas for life!

Tonight's finish further reaffirmed my belief that this show (and thus, life) is all about karma. For the past few seasons that I've watched, just about all the winning teams have been the ones who have played honestly and been kind and compassionate. (We all recall season 7's Uchenna & Joyce who had arrived at the finish but waited to pay their cab driver before they ran to the mat, and of course season 5's Chip & Kim who edged out a bickering Colin & Christie.)

Now that the family edition is over-- and it actually turned out to be quite a decent season-- I'm looking forward to season 9 starting in February, and I can't wait to see the teams finally leave the continent. After all, the real challenges are ones that involve cultural and language barriers. You know.. eating mysterious foods and dealing with old, decrepit taxis.


Current Music: How to Be Perfect Men, by Songs: Ohia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails