Dec 8, 2004

Announcements and Observations

-First of all, let's celebrate this amazing unseasonal weather. It's almost mid-December and today I was outside in shorts and driving with the windows down! It feels more like early fall, which we all know is perfectly ideal. It looks like weather.com is showing me a dip in temps coming up soon, though. I guess it's just too much to ask for 60°+ days for the Holidays, huh? Well, at least it's not blustery yet. Let's hope for a comfortable winter.

-Gas prices are dropping, which is a pleasant holiday treat. I've seen it as low as $2.01 for premium around here. As an aside, does anyone else ever get bothered by the inconsistency in the arrangement of the fuel types? Some places it's Regular, Plus, Premium, from left to right, then the next place is Regular, Super (or even V-Power!!! or some other name), Plus. I can't keep it straight. One of these days I'm going to grab and pump the wrong one and then we'll all be in big trouble, won't we? (Clearly no, there will be no trouble at all. It isn't rocket science to read the labels for your proper octane preference, but in any case, this bothers me anyway.)

-Cinnamon Toast Crunch is on sale at Giant for half price. They also have Honey Nut Cheerios (It's a General Mills sale). Since we all know cereal is one of those oddly expensive items (regular price for this particular box was $6.50!), half price is a huge deal. In fact, I think I must go back and stock up. I hadn't eaten CTC in ages, and I'm kicking myself for it right now because it really is the best cereal around. You can get any kid to drink milk if you just dunk a handful of Cinnamon Toast Crunchies in there and get it all sugared up!

-And for an actual significant news update (for a change), I got an internship! Ah, non-rejection feels nice. I'll start working in January for the Public Education Center, which is an organization that researches and investigates news stories (either National Security News or Natural Resources News) and tries to break them into commercial media (20/20, 60 Minutes, Dateline, Post, Times, etc.) It should be a great way to get my journalistic feet wet again and possibly see if this is what I want to do with my life.


Current Music: Blame it on the Tetons, by Modest Mouse
Current Mood: weird, distracted



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just don't try to put diesel in your car.

CTC is the best cereal out there..

owen.

Anonymous said...

geotorelxz best debt consolidation
bill consolidation loans
credit card companies

Related Posts with Thumbnails