Mar 1, 2009

Week 9: Happy National Chili Day!

National Chili Day was on February 26. In years past I have been to Hard Times Cafe since they offer free chili on this important holiday, but since I didn't make out to the burbs this year, I was unable to celebrate on the actual day. I made up for it this weekend with a belated and delicious chili meal, courtesy of Good Stuff Eatery on the Hill. I've been here several times but this past weekend was my first taste of their chili-cheese burger, known as "Uncle D's Chili 'N Cheddar burger." It seems odd that it took me so long to try it since everyone who knows me knows how much I love chili! The burger, while sloppy, did not disappoint. The chili had zest and the scallions added a nice flavor as well. I definitely didn't regret my order.


As an aside, John ordered the "Blazin' Barn," which is Spike's take on a Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich, made with carrots, daikon, cilantro, basil, and the delicious Sriracha mayo that is part of what keeps me coming back to this place.

4 comments:

maitai said...

dude - do you call the scallions? and not spring onions? i did NOT know this.

also, i had no idea that a chili day even existed. typs that you would, though. i miss hard times.

Anonymous said...

the blazin' barn was pretty good, but i think i'd like to stop getting junior-sized burgers if possible. the last two have been somewhere between a quarter pounder and a matchbox mini burger.

Pouy said...

@maitai: yes, scallions
@john: maybe they are trying to send you a message

john said...

you calling me fat? i already gave up pizza, my first love in this world, and i don't need people taking burgers away too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails