Jan 26, 2009

Week 4: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, or as they say in Vietnamese, Chuc Mung Nam Moi! Today marks the first day of the year of the Ox in the lunar calendar.

Here's wishing all my family and friends health, happiness and success in the new year!

This week's portrait is of me in my brand new Snuggie, reading a book with my brand new book light. That's right, after talking about Snuggies all winter long, I finally stopped into Bed Bath & Beyond and picked one up this weekend. The only color they had in stock was the Royal Blue, so I really didn't have any problems deciding what to get.

The funniest part was that there was another woman shopping near me, too, and I looked down to see no less than 10 boxes of Snuggies in her cart! Someone was stocking up for the cold winter! Hahaha.




Anyway, here's my honest review:

-fabric is a little cheap, not as thick and plush as one might think
-the fleece comes off and sticks to whatever you're wearing underneath (my white t-shirt was covered in a light coat of blue fleece)
-"one size fits all" is a bit of a stretch. The sleeves are about a foot too long and the length is about 2 feet too long... I can't really walk around in the Snuggie unless I want to be dusting my floor at the same time!
-the Snuggie may cause static problems
-the Snuggie is a really great accessory for playing the Wii. So much free arm movement while staying warm!
-there is definitely Halloween costume potential here... stay tuned...

Haters (you know who you are!), if you are going to say mean things, please use a *, #, @ or $ in the appropriate places. This is a family-friendly space.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you got a snuggie. i always make fun of the commercials. I pictured it being a really light fleece material that would easily rip. but yes- probably could be used for a halloween costume!

maitai said...

i hate you and the woman in the store who bought ten snuggies.

i see four cons, one pro, and one aside. fail.

APostcardFrom said...

Why the Snuggie over the Slanket?

Related Posts with Thumbnails