Jul 5, 2006

Weekends by the Water

Spending time by the water is definitely becoming one of my favorite ways to spend my summer weekends. For the long 4th of July weekend, I was lucky enough to spend time at a family friend's river house right outside Annapolis.

Despite battling families of jellyfish who had moved in for the summer, it was still an awesome time and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Aside from all the fun on the dock, in the kayak, on the rafts and on the wave runner, we managed to stay fairly entertained indoors as well. Between Wimbledon, the U.S. Open (gasp, Women's Golf!), World Cup, DVDs, and a ridiculous amount of food (are you surprised?), it was a perfectly relaxing weekend.

Wimbledon: Good job, Americans. Way to represent. Um, let's face it, Roddick, you're on a slippery slope to mediocrity, and I blame it all on your breakup with Mandy Moore.

World Cup: What an amazing game (Ok, so really, it was an amazing two minutes) between Italy and Germany. I'm telling you, this "football" is crazy, you watch the whole 90 minutes just for that split second of greatness, but it's so worth it to see the unbelievable plays they make.

And while I totally love the swapping of the jerseys between teams at the end of the games (can you imagine that happening after say, the NBA finals, or a Yankees-Mets game?), I can't help but think how disgusting it must feel to wear another man's sweat. Ok, except maybe David Beckham's. (Hah!) For more on why the World Cup is great, read Bill Simmons' thoughts.

Movies:
I'm almost embarassed about how much I can't stop quoting "The Pink Panther," but Steve Martin is undeniably hilarious, and starring opposite Beyoncé, he gives a truly priceless performance. Also, I feel like a terrible person for having laughed so much at Johnny Knoxville in "The Ringer," and finally, despite what I thought was an aversion to Peter Pan-themed movies, I really enjoyed "Finding Neverland" and reaffirmed my love for Johnny Depp in any role he chooses.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For more weekend photos, you know the drill.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails