Jan 22, 2006

Sneak previews.

In honor of a couple albums coming out this Tuesday, I'll post a couple links to some great new tracks. The first is one of those all-star indie collaborations off Jenny Lewis's new solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat. The track features Ben Gibbard, Conor Oberst and M. Ward, and if it's any indication of the rest of the album, it should be a good one.

Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins :: Handle With Care

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Cat Power's The Greatest is my current musical fixation, and with good reason. I've had the title track stuck in my head just about every day for the past week, and I really think it's an absolutely perfect track. In case any of you missed it when I previously posted it, here's the link again, straight from Matador, and I'll also post another song for your consideration.

Cat Power :: Empty Shell

Instead of posting the album cover, here's a shot of Cat Power (aka Chan Marshall) as she appears on the cover of this month's Harp magazine. Consider it a plug for one of my favorite music magazines that covers so many of the artists I love.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Whoa, look at me and all this chick-music love! I'm surprising myself; maybe 2006 will be the year I add some female singers to my all-time favorites.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails