Oct 13, 2009

Week 41: Annapolis getaway!

This past weekend, I made the short drive from DC to Annapolis, where John and I strolled around and enjoyed lunch before we headed to nearby Crownsville to relax at the Nguyen Family river house. The Nguyens are very close family friends who have a beautiful house on the water and are always terrific hosts to their guests! I always forget that Annapolis/Crownsville is one of my favorite getaways because you feel like you're on vacation, but really only 30 miles or so outside the city! It was a relaxing friends & family weekend, culminating in a big dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday in addition to my cousin Steph's recent engagement to her boyfriend Ron. Saturday's weather wasn't great, but all was redeemed by a beautiful Sunday sunrise, followed by perfect conditions for a boat ride to Annapolis! It was a great weekend of fantastic food and company. Can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

maitai said...

looks like super fun times, but what camera did you use for this? not your p&s, was it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails