Jun 24, 2009

Week 25: Newest Obsession: Settlers of Catan

I spent this past weekend in Asbury Park, NJ, visiting my good friends John & Leroy. It rained practically the entire time, so instead of beach time, we were stuck indoors. Luckily, Pepper anticipated this and brought Settlers of Catan, an amazing board game that we ended up getting addicted to very quickly.

Without getting too complicated, it's a strategic game of establishing settlements and cities by acquiring, then trading resources. In two days, we played four very competitive games, and soon forgot that we were even in a beach town at all. With great company and this new form of entertainment, we ended up making the most out of a rainy weekend.

Upon returning home, I've already played the Xbox Live version of Catan, and today I downloaded a new iPhone app called Kolonists, which appears to be a Catan ripoff (but at $2 a total steal!). Clearly I have a problem... That said, I can't wait for the next round of Catan!

1 comment:

maitai said...

nerd alert!!!! haha jk

Related Posts with Thumbnails