Nov 26, 2006

I'm a knitting beast.

I finally finished my second real knitting project over the long Thanksgiving weekend, and I have to say, I'm happy with the end result! My first scarf was not the greatest (I'm pretty sure it's sitting in a pile in the laundry room and has never been worn by Auddie, though I cannot blame her), but on this one I used a really lovely dark green yarn with oranges and blues weaved throughout, and I also decided to make a ribbed scarf, so I could practice both knitting and purling! The scarf turned out a little more skinny than I expected, but I think it looks okay since I made it longer and the yarn is quite thick. So yes, clearly I'm quite pleased with myself, but does this mean I'll move on to sweaters and socks like Kam? Probably not. Anyway -- here's a shot of Auddie modeling it (though I'm keeping this one for myself!! oops!). See another shot of the scarf and the rest of the weekend's photos on my Flickr.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

maitai said...

beautiful! i love it! congrats on your first successful knitting project :). i look forward to seeing lots more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails