Nov 5, 2005

The vacation is officially over

As you all may have noticed, I haven't updated since I started my new job. As predicted, it leaves little time for computer leisure, which we all know is one of my favorite hobbies. Suffice it to say, the dear old blog has and may continue to suffer.

But, onto the job! My first week went well. Starting on Wednesday and being allowed to wear jeans (since it's earnings period and we're ridiculously busy) was a good way to ease into it. So far I've just being doing a lot of paperwork, calling into orientation conferences (during which they actually call on you to answer questions, so you actually have to pay attention!!), and getting acquainted with the company. One thing I've learned is that there seems to be an endless amount of information about PR Newswire and all the products and services it provides (not to mention its "sister" companies), so I definitely haven't had a shortage of things to read.

I know once I get fully trained and start doing real work, I'll never be bored. It's constantly buzzing in the office, phones ringing and new press releases coming in and needing to be sent out at a moment's notice. In that sense, this is all very exciting to me! I likened it to being in the ER (or so I've seen on TV's "ER") in that you've got a big board of patients and your job is to clear the board. For us, we have a log of releases that keep coming in, and our job is to always keep it clear. Kinda cool!

Anyway, that's that. I'll try to keep up with this as best I can. Thanks for bearing with me!


Current Music: #41, by Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails