Nov 20, 2005

Random blurbs

-Well, Laguna Beach Season 2 is history, Talan's getting married and starting a music career (um, was I the only one listening to him perform at the fashion show benefit? He wasn't good.), and Season 3 does not look promising. I just hope Laguna Beach doesn't go the way of the Real World Vegas, but that's what it's looking like. Sigh... once again, at least we have DVDs to relive the memories. I kind of missed the boat on this link, but in case anyone else hasn't seen it, read about how the kids of Laguna match up with our favorite professional athletes.

-Signed onto AIM the other day and realized I had new buddies automatically added to my list. This disturbed me at first, but then I discovered it was a new AIM bot and I actually found it useful! I didn't really find ShoppingBuddy useful (it seemed more like a Gap Ad than anything else), but I'll definitely be keeping MovieFone on my list. By "chatting" with this bot, you can quickly and easily find movie times for your preferred theater by entering a couple key terms. It may not be that much better than actually going to moviefone.com, but the idea of a buddy 'bot is kind of fun!

-Just finished reading A Million Little Pieces, the James Frey memoir and Oprah's most recent Book Club selection. It was fantastic. Graphic, raw, emotional, moving. Super intense. But really great. I recommend it. But then again Oprah already recommended it and over half a million people already listened, so what the heck does my opinion matter? Next up? James Frey's sequel, My Friend Leonard, which apparently picks up right where A Million Little Pieces left off...

-Speaking of Oprah... being one of her biggest fans (laugh away), I picked up her 20th anniversary DVD set yesterday. I'd kind of been waiting for something like this to come out, namely because there have been a number of really incredible Oprah shows I wish I'd taped (her trip to South Africa being is the first one that comes to mind). To make things better, Oprah, being Oprah, is donating 100% of the profits to her Angel Network. As one of my friends once quipped, she really is somewhere between Santa and Jesus.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


-I'm looking forward to the next new episode of "Commander in Chief," as Zack Morris (sorry, Mark Paul Gosselaar, you'll always be Zack, especially with a hard-to-spell last name like that!) joins the cast to spice things up in the West Wing. I was also excited to learn that the first son, Horace (unfortunate name) enjoys blasting Interpol in his White House bedroom! Very cool.

That's all I've got for now. Looking forward to Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday week/weekend!


Current Music: Autumn Sweater, by Yo La Tengo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails