Jun 19, 2006

A Random Assortment of Things

Sorry for the blogging break. I'd anticipated fully updating over the weekend but when I wasn't out and about, I found myself glued to the TV watching World Cup and the U.S. Open (Phil's meltdown on the 18th was excrutiating to watch. Why must I root for the chokers?). I also found that watching soccer is also a surprisingly good way to pass time on the treadmill. It's not the action that keeps me going, it's the guilt I feel about wanting to stop running when I see the guys on the screen going up and down that huge field for 90 straight minutes.

In other updates, the fam got dolled up in cocktail attire and went out to celebrate Bi-Anh's birthday this weekend and a lovely and large gathering at 21P downtown. Here is a photo of me with the birthday gal, who has known me since before I could talk and had a large role in my upbringing, including introducing me to a world of fabulous music in the '80s and always letting me hang with the big kids. Thanks and Happy Birthday, Bi-Anh!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So I'd been delaying the post of my very first completed knitting project because the thought of scarves in June makes some people uncomfortable. But after persistent requests from Kam, I'm finally putting it on display. About a month ago I went to a Knitting "crash course" with Steph at the Chevy Chase location of Stitch DC. It was a nice refresher (Kam had made a few attempts to teach me prior to this occasion) on the fundamentals of knitting, and I actually stuck it out to finish my first real project!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I know it's so beautiful that the requests will be pouring in for birthday and Christmas gifts, but please don't be offended if I cannot meet your requests. But don't forget, there's always Kam.


So this first scarf goes to Auddie, who, as an aside, received the Best Dressed award as voted by her 7th grade team today. That leaves me as the only sibling in the family not to ever receive Best Dressed honors. Surprised? I'm not either. Everyone knows I've never been quite on par with either of my sibs in that department. Maybe the 'm' in middle child stands for 'mediocre' and I just have to accept that.

See additional photos on my Flickr.

4 comments:

maitai said...

oh p, i'm so proud! the scarf looks beautiful! garter stitch?? (all knits, no purls?) the stitches look great! now you can start knitting things for MOI!

and no, i will not knit you (whoever you are) something for [fill in the blank here (your birthday, christmas, etc.)].

and i'm not surprised auddie got best dressed. all of her clothes used to be mine! HAH!

Anonymous said...

P, you get votes for best dressed in my book. :) (After all, we did have those cool Banana t-shirts back in 10th grade, not mention the navy blue/butter yellow combo. Hot, n'est-ce pas?) I forgot your brother was best-dressed in the Olympian. Ah, the good ol' days....

See ya this weekend!

C

maitai said...

FO = finished object

by the way, meevs, was huan wearing his "dances with wolves" motif sweater by any chance?

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for no blog entry on my birthday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails