Sep 27, 2010

Chili & Football!

Though most of last week was still quite summery with temps in the '90s, when I found out it would be in the low '70s and rainy on Sunday, I thought that was enough of a weather change to make my favorite fall/football meal -- chili!

To make things more exciting, the Colts game was actually aired locally, so we set up both our TVs in the living room to convert our place into a sports bar. Great idea, right?

Our sports bar set up

Also, puppy Reilly -- in her new Redskins gear -- made her first visit to our place to enjoy the afternoon (and eat hot dogs for the first time!)


While in the past I've used our crockpot to prepare this chili recipe, I a) woke up too late for the 6 hours of slow cooking it would require, and b) wanted to use the beautiful Le Creuset 5 1/2 quart round dutch oven (in Caribbean teal!) that John got me for my birthday.

I went with Paula Deen's Taco Soup recipe which has always been tasty and involves some nice shortcuts (e.g. Taco seasoning!) that don't sacrifice any flavor or deliciousness.

Huan brought up hot dog supplies and also some pâté chaud (courtesy of My Chau!) to complete the Sunday feast. We ate the chili out of a bowl, with Fritos, for our late lunch/snack portion of the day, then for dinner we finished off the chili on hot dogs.

... and on a dog!

Despite another disappointing Redskins loss, it was a nice afternoon of football and food... two of my favorite things!

More images available on Flickr.

5 comments:

MV said...

It was DELICIOUS! Put the pizza my roommates had to shame. Thanks for having me :)

MV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MV said...

Ok my stupid comment posted twice. Talk about karma for teasing you!

maitai said...

i want a photo of the broken chaise.

Pouy said...

@Meevs: clearly it was delicious enough to warrant two comments. (as "gorgeous" as the colorado view.)

@MaiTai: you wouldn't be able to tell from a photo. it looks crooked though and one of the legs is wobbly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails