Aug 30, 2010

It Must Be Love

Today marks the official start of the U.S. Open, one of my favorite sporting events ever. The tournament always coincides with Labor Day weekend, and while I haven't made my way up to Flushing Meadows in a few years, at one time it was a family tradition to travel up to New York to catch a few of the live matches. More recently I've been spectating from the couch, but even then, I have plenty of fond memories of watching (or even live-gchatting the matches, as is often the case) this tournament with my family, an avid group of tennis fans.

This year, the NY Times has led into the Open with some great coverage of the men and women's game and some great player profiles. I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for Rafa to get his first Open win this year to complete his career Grand Slam.

Finally, I hate to admit it, but I'm a total sucker for the "It Must Be Love" promo videos they've been showing. I get chills every time I see one! Such a cheeseball.

1 comment:

maitai said...

go rafa!!!! maybe we should go up to NY this weekend since we don't have plans anymore! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails