Sep 20, 2009

Week 38: Go Skins!

Though I was bummed about the end of summer, fall really is one of my favorite seasons if only for the return of NFL football. I've always been a loyal Redskins fan despite the disappointment, frustration, and heartbreak involved, at least in recent years. Last Christmas Auddie got me this Chris Cooley ("Cooooooooley!") jersey, so I'm looking forward to sporting it this season. The good news is, I'm a big fan of the sport in general so I love watching any good match up. Today I also found out that we get the NFL Red Zone channel as part of our cable package, so that keeps things pretty exciting! Sundays are much more bearable when you have football to watch. It's also a great excuse for game-time food, like pizza, wings, and beer. Typs, right? Go Skins!*

*This was first posted to Flickr on September 20, but as of the posting of this blog (Sept. 27), the Redskins have just lost to the abysmal Detroit Lions in an embarrasingly pathetic performance. I know this doesn't sound very loyal, but I may be close to finding a new team, at least for this season. I pick the Colts. I still love you, Redskins, but you really, really suck.

1 comment:

maitai said...

le sigh.... i still love the redskins, too, but man what a disappointment it is to watch them every week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails